We are pleased to announce the release of Poplar SDK 2.4 which is now available to download from our support portal and Docker Hub.
This is the culmination of a very successful year of software releases, optimisations and new ecosystem partnerships demonstrating continued progress, software maturity, ease-of-use, scale-out capabilities and high-performing benchmarks as demonstrated by our reference applications and MLPerf submissions.
New Features in Poplar SDK 2.4
The new release provides a host of improvements to further enhance ease-of-use, performance and help developers run their machine learning models even faster, as well as code for new applications added to our public examples on GitHub.
- New public examples, including ViT, UNet, GPT, RNN-T, FastSpeech2 and TGN
- Compilation time optimisations
- Dynamic configuration of gradient accumulation count at runtime in TensorFlow
- IPU TensorFlow Addons package
- PopRun/PopDist for Distributed TensorFlow 2 (Preview): easy-to-use, distributed multi-host scale-out support
- Overlapping I/O and compute for PopART & PyTorch
- Enhanced IPU utilisation reporting for PopVision System Analyser
- Full support for Debian 10.7